Quite possibly the easiest way to save money is by collecting loose change. Here are 6 easy ways to gather a few extra bucks. Click each image below for more.
1. Collect all of the change that ends up all over your car.
You can use a cup holder piggy bank to neatly place all change in one spot in the car.
2. Gather all of the change that ends up in your bedroom - think pant pockets, handbags, vanity or dresser.
Keep a fun coin bank near your dresser or where you get dressed/undressed every day.
3. Save change that ends up in other living areas of the home like the kitchen, laundry room, and most of all, your favorite couch.
Fill up a loose change jar in the kitchen, where family activity is highest.
4. Teach your kids at an early age the value of saving their pennies.
Find them a kid-friendly piggy bank for their bedroom.
5. Sign up for a debit card that rounds up the extra change from every purchase and puts it into a forced savings account.
Bank of America offers a “Keep the Change” savings program that automatically transfers change into your savings account.
6. Increase your 401(k) contributions for each paycheck, even by 1%.
Increasing your contributions up to 5% can give you an extra $110,000 once you retire.