Ranked 5th best neighborhood in Los Angeles, as well as a whopping 8.7 livability score by Street Adviser, you can’t miss out on this gem. Mount Washington is quiet and great for families, singles, and retirees alike. The area has a mix of historical and modern homes, where most have large lots and amazing views.
Secluded on top of a hill, but approximately 19 minutes away from down town Los Angeles, you get the best of both worlds! Mount Washington is quickly becoming an alternative to the west side of Los Angeles, where you can find a bigger bang for your buck. Want to know more about Mount Washington?
• Public transportation will whisk you to the foot of the hills and into Downtown.
• Public Transportation Score: 59 (Good transit)
• Mount Washington Los Angeles CA has good transit which means many nearby public transportation options.
• Car sharing is available from RelayRides.
• Trains: Metro Gold Line (804)
#252 Metro Line, #83 Local Line, #81 Metro Local Line
• Walkability Score: 64 Some errands can be accomplished on foot
• Mostly walkable to grocery stores and parks/recreation
• Moderately walkable to schools and entertainment
• Least walkable to run multiple errands
• 38% single single residents
• 50% of the population own homes
• Median Age: 37
• Median Household Income: $47,028
• Population: 9,361
• Carlin Smith Recreation Center
“Centrally located to Downtown, Hollywood, Silverlake, Pasadena, and Glendale, and yet tucked in the hills in a way that makes it hard to believe you’re still in the city. Mt. Washington is considered by many to be one of the hidden treasures of Los Angeles.”