It’s Spring Break, and the news feed on your social media is blowing up with posts of your friends on planes or laying on the beach sipping a fruity drink–Jealous because you don’t have big plans? It probably feels like the entire Facebook world is on vacation but you. Don’t let it ruin your break! Instead, give yourself something to brag about at school or work when you get back! You can still have the time of your life while staying in the comfort of your own home or near the area with these Spring Break #Staycation2015 activities:
- Fine Dining: Fine dining at a restaurant is quite popular, but try it in your very own kitchen this time.You can certainly call it “quality time” with your significant other when you spend the night cooking a masterpiece while sipping your favorite wine. If you aren’t good at cooking, that’s what makes it more fun! If it does not turn out right, there’s always the local diner. What will be on your plate?
- DIY Crafts with the kids: Kids are often restless and hard to entertain for long periods of time. If the weather is not cooperating, and you are forced to stay inside, be prepared! You can have fun with your kids and keep them occupied with these DIY craft ideas:
- Spend the day with Mother Nature: Some of us were just cooped up for the past few months and suffering from cabin fever. Spring brings back the beauty of nature, so take a moment to stop and smell the roses! Spend the day outside to put some spring back in your step.
- Trip to the Zoo: Lions, and tigers, and bears–oh my! No matter what age you are, you can still enjoy the zoo. We all love our pets, but sometimes it’s nice to branch out and spend the day with nature’s variety of life!
- Picnics: If weather permits, why not spend the day outside? Grab the ones you love, find a local park or lake to enjoy your favorite treats and the atmosphere! Don’t know what to bring? Check out these easy and delicious treat ideas on Pinterest!
- Hiking: Hiking is the best way to enjoy nature and get some exercise. It’s a great workout in an ever-changing environment, rather than running in place on a treadmill in a building with white walls. You never know what you’ll see or find, and you’ll feel rejuvenated afterwards–guaranteed!
- Camping in the backyard: Be a kid again! Grab a tent, flash light, sleeping bags, and your friends to enjoy Spring weather, and of course, s’mores over a campfire. You can purchase a fire pit at most department stores: Sears, Home Depot, Lowes, Walmart, and more.
- Trip to the Museum: You’re on break, but why not educate yourself? Museums are a great learning experience for kids and adults alike. Why? Because they’re fun and interactive! It doesn’t matter if your forte is science, history, or art. There’s a museum out there for all to enjoy! Check out the top museums in the United States here.
- Girls Night Out: Okay ladies, plan a night with your girls–just don’t get too crazy!As we get older, we don’t have as much time to pamper ourselves with girl time. Take advantage of your Staycation with a great night out with the gals. The possibilities are endless:
- Guys Night Out: Planning a night out with the guys can pump up your Staycation. Take advantage of your time off by hangin’ out with your boys and doing the activities you love most:
- Date Night: No matter how busy we are, we normally make time for date night with our significant other. It’s Spring Break, so why not plan something extra special.
- Movie Night: Pizza and a movie? You can’t go wrong. If you have a large family or group, its hard to decide on the toppings. Keep the peace by making your own personal pizzas together as a family! Pull out the comfiest jammies in your closet, and we mean the whole shebang: onesies, silly slippers, pajama sets, and more! Then cuddle up to a movie of your choice. Here are some recommendations Platinum has for you:
- Game Night: Share some laughs involving all of your family and friends with some of Platinum’s favorite games:
- Catch up on some Zzzzs: Some days, there’s nothing better than laying on the couch in your jammies and taking a nice, long nap. We are entitled to be a “couch potato” from time to time! It is a break, isn’t it?
A staycation can be just as rejuvenating and fun as going on a vacation. Plus, there are no days wasted or unwanted stress from traveling–a Staycation is stress-free! Let us know what you have in store for Spring Break 2015.